Monday, January 3, 2011

mad men : review

About: Set in 1960s New York, AMC's drama Mad Men, follows the lives of the ruthlessly competitive men and women of Madison Avenue advertising, an ego-driven world where key players make an art of the sell. AMC’s Mad Men, winner of three consecutive Golden Globes and back-to-back Emmys for Outstanding Drama Series. The series revolves around the conflicted world of Don Draper, the biggest ad man (and ladies man) in the business, and his colleagues at the Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce Advertising Agency. As Don makes the plays in the boardroom and the bedroom, he struggles to stay a step ahead of the rapidly changing times and the young executives nipping at his heels. The series also depicts authentically the roles of men and women in this era while exploring the true human nature beneath the guise of 1960s traditional family values also it deals with facts like the cigarette smoking, drinking, sexism, feminism, adultery, homophobia, racism and antisemitism. read more

Review: I know that i'm starting to sound boring but I really didn't like this series when I started watching it I've heard so many things about this show and I wanted to watch it in a long time, well the first season was very strange to me, it's in the 60's so many things just striked me very bad, like cigarette smoking and drinking (you have no idea how much until you watch the show) but mostly the roles of women and men. It's actually a good series, the costumes are excellent, everything from the haircuts to the houses screams 60's, it's a very organized production. The actors are all great at their roles, I think the selection of the characters is brilliant. The only think I don't like that much is the story I know it sounds weird but I just don't like the lead actor (not as an actor, as Don Draper)! About the cast now my favorite is Joan Harris, she is the perfect one for the role ( in a good way!), everyone is really great and good actors, you may know many of them. To sum up I recommend this show, it's interesting and very different than what we are used to.



As you can see i mad men myself! lol you can also mad men yourself here

3 comments:

  1. I like Mad Men though I don't watch it regularly. Like you said, it's a very different show.

    Now I will try to mad men myself . LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. here i am: http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs569.ash1/173513_694838433_8371413_n.jpg
    haha!:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @misha : you should show us your madmen picture
    @yiota : haha!! you look great in your 60's version!

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...