Saturday, May 25, 2013

Book Review: Double Click

Fans of the romantic hit Click: An Online Love Story will enjoy another voyeuristic dive into the lives of Renee, Shelley, Ashley, Mark and Ethan, as Double Click picks up with their lives six months later. Are Renee and Ethan soul mates? Does Mark ever go on a date? Has Shelley run out of sexual conquests in Los Angeles? Will Ashley's judgmental nature sabotage her budding relationship? Through a marriage proposal, wedding, new baby and unexpected love twist, Double Click answers these questions and more. Readers will continue to cheer, laugh, cry and cringe following the email exploits of Renee and friends.

REVIEW:
I was expecting this book to arrive in my mailbox ever since I finished the first one. Truth be told, I don't know what new to write, that I haven't already mentioned. I guess I'll have to repeat things from the previous post about the first book, and I hope that'll ok with you.

As in the first book of the series, the characters here speak only through e-mails. There are parts missing, important parts of the daily routine of the characters, but by sharing the e-mails the author manages to make them reveal to us.

It was fast, since you just read e-mails all the time. And there were some larger e-mails, with stories the characters were sharing for the first time. So in a way, I was getting to know the characters for the first time, even though I spend time meeting them in the first book.

In this one, we see the characters more mature, though they are 30-years-old give or take, and there are two new characters entering the conversations. Ethan, who's Renne's boyfriend, and Cassidy, whom I'll not reveal the role. Again, there are not descriptions of the characters, so you are free to identify your friends or yourself in them.

Bottom line, I liked it. It was as good as the first. I liked how the characters are changing and going throught different phases. And I liked that there were stories left to be told, not only among them, face to face, but also share them with us, via e-mails. Now, I can't wait to read the next book, if there is going to be any (and between you and me, I really hope there is).

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed Double Click. I'll be sure to keep you posted on upcoming releases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post

    Advocates in Bangalore
    Family advocates in Bangalore
    Property advocates in Bangalore
    Real estate advocates in Bangalore
    Senior Advocates in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its my great pleasure to visit your blog and to enjoy your great posts here. I like it a lot. I can feel that you paid much attention for those articles, as all of them make sense and are very useful
    Preschool in HSR Layout
    Day Care in HSR Layout
    Play School in HSR Layout
    Daycare Center in HSR Layout

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...