Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Movie Review: The Art of Getting By

George, a lonely and fatalistic teen who's made it all the way to his senior year without ever having done a real day of work, is befriended by Sally, a popular but complicated girl who recognizes in him a kindred spirit.


The Art of Getting By
Released: 2011
Runtime: 83 mins
Rating: 5/5 stars
Buy: Amazon (UK) || Amazon (US)

REVIEW:

This is one of the movies I decided to see because of the cast. I know the three main actors for forever and the whole story looked pretty interesting so I couldn't just pass it by.


It was very intriguing to see Freddie Highmore. And Michael Angarano, where the last movie I saw of him was Sky High. The movie gets you in many interesting places in New York City (One of the cities I'd love to visit and maybe stay in one day), because George skips school a lot. I wish now I was skipping school more often and exploring the streets instead of just going for a coffe. He has very interesting excuses and opinions about life and school in general. And he's very smart. I loved the way he's indepedent and doesn't look like the average teenager. Sally, on the contrary, is the average teenager. Her family is not normal, but she manages to change George's life. Alos, she does something during the end that made me hate her a little, and I didn't like the way she was treating George. And finally, Dustin may not be seen enough, but he, too, changes George's life by introducing him to art, George's main interest.

If there was a bad thing, then that's in the whole movie. Something felt off all the time through out the movie. I think it had to do with the grown-up actors or the story, but it was a feeling I was getting.

Bottom line, I liked it. I had a nice time watching it and I loved every second of it, except something during the end. Anyway, if you are really into trying new things you should watch it. Then again if you didn't like the trailer, you can easily skip it.

3 comments:

  1. That movie feels different. That's why i haven't seen it yet. I'm a little afraid. Heh..

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...