Monday, January 17, 2011

The Southern Vampire Mysteries: Club Dead, Review

Sookie Stackhouse always found it difficult to date-she's cute, but not many guys are comfortable with her mind-reading abilities. But vampires have no problems with Sookie's talent-she can't pick up much of anything from the undead.
But there's only one vampire Sookie Stackhouse is involved with-at least voluntarily-right now, and that's Bill. But recently he's been a little distant-in another state distant. His sinister and sexy boss Eric has an idea where to find him, and next thing Sookie knows, she's off to Jackson, Mississippi, to mingle with the underworld at Club Dead. It's dangerous little haunt where the elusive vampire society can go to chill out and suck down some Type O-but when Sookie finally finds Bill, he's not only in trouble, but caught in an act of serious betrayal. Should she save him, or sharpen some stakes??

REVIEW:
This is the third book of the Southern Vampire Mysteries or the Sookie Stackhouse novels or simpler True Blood. For one more time, we follow Sookie's point of view while she goes to Jackson and deals with vampires and werewolves.

For those that have seen the third season of True Blood which the third book inspired, I have to say that there are differences, but not as many as in the previous. They have skipped parts in the book that were funny to read and they made the story darker and more complex so that all the characters are in. Ok, I made it hard to understand. I'll tell you only this and I'm hoping I don't spoil whatever you read or watch or attend to read or watch: Eric in the this season has nothing to do with Eric in the book.

For those that prefer the books, I have to say that I liked it a lot. It was the first time that Sookie had to deal all those stuff without Bill's help and she did pretty good. I liked the fact that despite whatever was happening in the way, she was stuck on her goal and she actually started to dream a different life for her. You get to know more information about werewolves and about the way they live and how they reproduce and in general, more details that you don't learn in the show.

What I didn't like in the book was Bill. He really pissed me off. Actually, I didn't like Bill from the beginning when I read the book or show the episodes. I guess I'm telling this now because of what had happened.

Bottom on, if you liked the previous books, you have to try this one too. It has werewolves and their society and it shows Sookie in a different way of thinking.

3 comments:

  1. I never liked Bill! Maybe it's just me - but he seems like a male chauvinist. I am all for Eric! I have not read the third part yet, but reading your review has made me motivated to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @misha : i totaly agree with you, i really don't like Bill, i belive that Sookie should be with Eric !

    i'm going to read the books, the only thing that stops me is that i don't like Sookie & that i have seen the show so i know what will happen..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies hold that thought, until next week when I'll write the review for the forth book....

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...