Friday, November 30, 2012

Book Review: Stalk Me

Gossip girl meets Hollywood in this new series by That Boy author, Jillian Dodd.

Keatyn has everything she ever dreamed of. Her life is following the script she wrote for the perfect high school experience. She’s popular, goes to the best parties, dates the hottest guy, and sits at the most coveted lunch table.

She’s just not sure she wants it anymore.

Because really, things aren’t all that perfect.
Her best friend is threatening to tell everyone her perfect relationship is a scam.
Her perfect boyfriend gets drunk at every party they go to.
It’s exhausting always trying to look and act perfect.
And deep down, she isn’t sure if she has any true friends.

To add to the drama, her movie star mom’s long-time fan has turned stalker.
An older man is flirting with her and telling her they should make a movie together.
And she’s crushing on an adorable surfer. Dating a guy like him would mean committing social suicide.

So she writes a new script. One where all the pieces of her life will come together in perfect harmony.
But little does she know, there’s someone who will do anything to make sure that doesn’t happen.


Stalk Me
Publication Date: 2012
Pages: ?? (ebook)
Part of Series: The Keatyn Chronicles #1
Purchased: Review for tour
Rating: 5/5 stars
Buy: Book Depository || Amazon (US) || Amazon (UK)


REVIEW:
I don't know exactly what made me accept the book. I remember telling that the cover was not so great and that the opening line of the description was so cheap. I don't like when they describe books or movies with analogies. I believe that every piece of art is unique. But the point is that I accepted it and that it didn't disappointed me.

The book is simple. The language is easy and your time flies happily. Even though Keatyn is a rich girl, she is a cool person, easy going and not spoiled. As for the other characters, I liked how her mother was modern, how cute her sisters looked and how Keatyn was able to move through different worlds. There were also her other rich friends, who I totally disliked, so spoiled and selfish, except some.

I know I already used the term, but the story was indeed easy. I was able to find out who the bad guy was and what was going on with whom, from the start. I didn't mind the sex scenes or the fact that Keatyn was talking for the clothes she was wearing in every occasion.

During the end, the book became complicated and it started moving too fast. What I liked there, was the work everyone did in order to keep Keatyn safe.

If there was something I didn't like, that was the amount of boys liking Keatyn. I get she's pretty and cool, but this makes the rest of us have less hope.

Bottom line, I loved it. It was amazing how the story was able to drag me out of my life and into Keatyn's life. She's a strong character that I think we can all take lessons from her. I cannot wait to read the next one of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...