Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Movie Reviews: Magic Mike & Pitch Perfect

Mike Lane is a thirty-year old living in Tampa,Florida. By day he works as a roofer whilst at night,as Magic Mike,he is the star attraction of the Kings of Tampa,a group of male strippers. Secretly he wants out in order to further a projected furniture-making business but his credit rating precludes a bank loan for this despite his considerable savings. One night Adam,a teen-aged work-mate of Mike,follows him to the club and,when one of the acts is unable to go on,he is prevailed upon to strip - becoming a huge hit. However success goes to his head and his foolish actions not only threaten to jeopardise his sister Brooke's relationship with Mike but Mike's ambitions as well.

Magic Mike
Released: 2012
Runtime: 110 mins
Rating: 4/5 stars


REVIEW:
The reason I saw the movie was because I felt it was right. After the release of the trailer, everyone was talking about it. About how hot the actors are and how much skin they are going to reveal, and that whole situation made me curious. So, when the time was right I decided to watch it.

So, the movie starts and it’s a little weird. The acting, the directing and the way the story was presented was a little off. The script was one of those where the actors don’t talk in whole sentences, like the way it happens in real life.

The actors were all good and gorgeous, nevertheless, but their acting here wasn’t that good. And I say this, because I’ve seen them in other works before.

Also, the story was a little too focused on the three main characters, so all the others were the background, and it sucked a little, because you give roles to all those great and gorgeous actors and you just give them less talking and not a personal story to tell.

But the dancing was the whole movie, the only thing that worth my time. To see six pairs of six-packs and asses was the reason why the film had a success.

Bottom line, I know, I sound like a person who really hated the movie, but let’s face the truth. I’m right, right? The whole reason you went to see the movie was because one of your favorite actors was dancing half naked on the screen. And don’t tell me, that you weren’t screaming with all the other ladies from the movie. By the way, lucky ladies the ones playing the clients, no?


Beca, a freshman at Barden University, is cajoled into joining The Bellas, her school's all-girls singing group. Injecting some much needed energy into their repertoire, The Bellas take on their male rivals in a campus competition.


Pitch Perfect
Released: 2012
Runtime:112 mins
Rating: 4/5 stars


REVIEW:
The reason I decided to watch this one, was because I knew it would cheer me up, like all the movies with dance and singing do.

From the trailer, you could understand that it’d be a simple movie. And it was. I mean, the story was predictable. There this girl who likes music and there is a group who sings. But the girl, being different doesn’t want to be part of the group, but the group is failing in many ways, so the girl takes part in it. And there is a boy, who’s from a different group and the girl shouldn’t date, but little by little it becomes irresistible.

What makes the movie different is the main theme, which is the “a capella” group. I didn’t knew those groups actually existed and it was a little fascinating the way they were making music.

As for the characters, and if we take away the disgusting puking problem of Aubrey, I didn’t have a problem with anyone. The main boy, Jesse, wasn’t that beautiful, so you could, in a level, feel the movie more normal and down to earth. But there was another small character, Luke, who was gorgeous. You can’t see a movie without at least one gorgeous guy. Funny roles were those of Gail and John, they were played by two well-known and famous actors and their roles were really small.

Bottom line, I liked it. I had fun watching it. It had been long since I saw a movie like it. And yes, I’ll admit it, after finishing the movie I was in the mood of singing, which I did, in the isolation of my home, where no one could hear me.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't watch Magic Mike, because as you said i was expecting it not to be that good XD

    I watched Pitch Perfect though and i loved it!!! It was so good! Can you believe the music they made? It must have been so hard.
    I facepalmed myself at the puke moments XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I unfortunately did not see Magic Mike but I have it on my rental list with LoveFilm.

    I did watch Pitch Perfect on opening night and was a little dissapointed by the turn out - it was half empty, so a little more promotion would not have done any harm.

    I really enjoyed myself, I came out of the cinema feeling good and in a really good mood - unlike some where they make you feel so depressed.

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...