Thursday, May 17, 2012

Still On My Mind #2

Hosted by YA-Aholic

Read Alison Goodman's blogs and other content on the Penguin Community. Eon--the award-winning crossover fantasy that soars! Sixteen-year-old Eon has a dream, and a mission. For years, he's been studying sword-work and magic, toward one end. He and his master hope that he will be chosen as a Dragoneye-an apprentice to one of the twelve energy dragons of good fortune. But Eon has a dangerous secret. He is actually Eona, a sixteen-year-old girl who has been masquerading as a twelve-year-old boy. Females are forbidden to use Dragon Magic; if anyone discovers she has been hiding in plain sight, her death is assured. When Eon's secret threatens to come to light, she and her allies are plunged into grave danger and a deadly struggle for the Imperial throne. Eon must find the strength and inner power to battle those who want to take her magic...and her life.




In case you missed this (which will be surprising if you think how many times i've mention it :P) i love dragons. I'm a little obsessed. Others like unicorns or dogs, i like dragons. First book i've read with dragons was Eragon (Hobbit doesn't count) and then Eon. Eon became easily my favorite book with dragons (i've read others after it too). It's simply amazing, not just because it has dragons but also with really strong characters, an original story and i liked how author finished it and said stop. That's it. No more. I liked the book so much, that i also gifted it to a friend (who he hasn't read it yet grrrr!) and it's always at the top of my recommendations!

What book are you thinking about this week? Leave your links at the comments ^^

8 comments:

  1. ookay, you have convinced me!!!! I need to buy this book soon. I have had my eye on this book for EVER it seems like!!! I must get it now! ha (: Great choice hun! (and of course who doesn't love dragons?!) :D

    Thank you SO much for joining in again on 'Still on my Mind'! :D :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes you should! This is a great book :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. There are three different editions and all of them are as amazing as this one. It totally makes you to want to buy all of them.

      Delete
  3. I really like the idea of this meme, to mention those that left such an impression on you that you're still thinking of it months/years afterwards.

    I won a copy of Eona last year and I have yet to find the same version paperback for Eon (which is, incidentally, what you posted above) in stores. It's definitely one of those books I intend to read in the future, and I reckon it would have lots of crossover appeal. These books are THICK!

    If this meme is still up and I'm still blogging, in a few years down the track, I'll join in! I've only really been reading YA since 2010 and I feel that that's not long enough that I can really say "Oh, that really stayed with me".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! I know what you mean. I bought Eon second handed, but when i saw the cover of Eona, i re-bought a hardback version of it. Still, they are the same edition so normally i would have to buy the right ones at some point.

      2010 is two years back! I'm sure you can do some post too once in a while :)

      Delete
  4. I have both the books in the series...and GOD YOU CONVINCED ME TO DROP EVERYTHING AND READ IT....your awesome...

    thanks for visiting my STILL ON MY MIND post here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I think Alisson Goodman has to do some thanking after this post :P If you, please let me know if you liked them as much as i did :D

      Delete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...