Sunday, December 18, 2011

Movie Review: Prom

A group of teenagers get ready for their high-school prom.

REVIEW:
It has been a long time since I saw a Disney teen movie, so I was a little excited when I finally sat down and saw it.

Good things: The movie itself is simple and funny and you pass your time watching it without getting bored. I liked the characters a lot and mostly because they all were young and unknown and they did a great job. And I loved the way the guys were asking the girls to the prom, it was like they were proposing them into marrying them. I liked that there was not too much freak out from the girls for their preperation to the prom, like what kind of dress should they wear and the make-up and all. Even though the end was kinda predictable, I liked the romance evolved between Nova and Jesse and mostly the change in their characters during the decoration of the ball. The opinion Nova had for the whole prom thing was unique and good. And lastly, I liked Lloyd, who was tring really hard into finding a date.

Bad things: Here I only have one complain and it's not part of the movie. Although the movie was fun and light and all, they didn't stayed to the truth. That there are kids that though they are in the same class they don't know each other and that there are girls who are not asking out or have dates to the prom. In general the movie shows you the good side of high-school during the end of the year.

Bottom line, I can't say I didn't enjoy it, because I did. A lot. As I said it's been a long time since I saw a teen Disney movie and this one didn't dissapointed me. For a moment I wished I was back in high-school, which is weird, since we don't have proms and, in general, our high-schools has nothing to do with the USA ones.

3 comments:

  1. It's probably the only teen movie with no bad girls in,etc. It's pretty decent and different. I liked it too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. i tried to watch this movie but i couldn't..it was impossible for me to stand that much fakeness.. the actors and the story were really bad, i didn't like at all. i was expecting a "light" movie, but this one was just bad..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @athanasia: come on! it's not that bad!! you make it sound like it's the worst thing ever XD

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...