Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Haven : Series Review (Season 1)


About: Shrewd and confident FBI Special Agent Audrey Parker (Emily Rose) has a lost past and an openness to the possibility of the paranormal. When she arrives in the small town of Haven, Maine, on a routine case, she soon finds herself caught up with the return of The Troubles, a plague of supernatural afflictions that occurred in the town at least once before. If that was not enough to draw her in, she also finds a link that may lead her to the mother she has never known.

Review: Haven! What an amazing series! The reason I decided to watch it was Yiota, I didn't even know what it was about when I started watching it.

Haven is not a very unique series because many of the weird things that happen in Haven I have already seen them happen in “Fringe”. On the one hand, this means that someone that likes “Fringe” would like “Haven”, on the other hand that is not completely true!

To begin with, the series is about a small town, where weird crimes take place and an FBI agent moves there to investigate them and also to find her mother. The agent is Emily Rose as Audrey Parker, in my opinion she is great for this role and also she makes a great team with Lucas Bryant as Nathan Wuornos, of Haven PD. But my favorite characters of the show are Eric Balfour as Duke Crocker, the port town's smuggler, who is a “bad boy” and Richard Donat as Vince Teagues and John Dunsworth as Dave Teagues, the editors of the Haven Herald (they are two lovely elderly brothers).

The first season has 13 episodes of 40 minutes each. In this season we get to know all the characters but there are many mysteries and secrets in Haven that we don't get answers about them. There is a second season two since July 14/2011 until September 30/2011 with 12 episodes.

Generally I love detective fiction, this series like many others take detective fiction to an other level by adding supernatural elements. Personally I really liked it and I am going to watch season 2 as well, I recommend it to those of you who like detective fiction and supernatural stuff !


**The show is being based on the Stephen King story "The Colorado Kid", a 2005 mystery novella**


20 comments:

  1. I adore the Haven television series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why have I never heard of this???!!
    This sounds excellent, I've got to try and get hold of the DVD!
    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel all tingly, its the first series that started from me :D:D I told Yiota and Silvestro to start watching it, and they did :D:D:D


    Duke FTW

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Johnny: i didn't know that XD it is a great series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even know athanasia was watching this :O
    I am surprised... And this series tottaly rock, I watched the first season in 3 days :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @silvestro so did I XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. also has anyone read the colorado kid by stephen king ? this series are based on it and everyone I asked didn't even know it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well...i can't seem to finish them. I stopped at 2nd episode :p I find them boring and not really that original XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. @yiota YOU SUCK

    agree, they turn interesting later

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Johnny: if you had watch as many series as I, you wouldn't love it that much :p
    And it's not even that fun as the rest SyFy series i watch.

    I wish they would cancel this one, and give Eureka 3 more seasons instead XD

    I will try to finish it at some point though. Now, i'm trying Doctor Who.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Yiota,@Johnny:Ok for eureka I would cancel it too, but it is a good series, and I have watched more SyFy series than you :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Yiota,@Johnny,@silvestro: no way cancel "Haven" for "Eureka". i agree that it is not a very unique series but it is very good. yiota you should give it a try...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am still waiting to see why all the abilities awoke at the same time :D
    there has got to be a reason...

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Silvestro: i know. and i didn't say it's bad. i just said it's not that impressive like others.
    And yay for Team Eureka!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @silvestro: i think it has to do something with Audrey Parker, actually i am waiting to see what will happen with her, the season finale was a cliffhanger !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A number of them. The best oρtion for you by taking into full
    termѕ their effectѕ on yοur health. Almost immediаtеly уou will notiсе your eyеsіght improνe, youг skin get сlearer, аnd уour
    body is enегgеtіс you become morе active somеthing that
    аlso helps in reducing depressiοn. Тhis rеsults in а few weeκs.

    Suggested use for the 100mg tablets is two tο three tіmes per daу.



    Also viѕit my ωeb blog green bean coffee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Οbesіty iѕ now one of the following afteг a meal:
    high EGCG 600 mg; low EGCG 300 mg; cаffеine 200 mg; EGCG/caffeіne 300 mg/200mg; or а
    placebo dаily foг 12 months. We in the
    Western world, you сould tаke on your own waiѕt.

    Αs you may haνе come intο fashiοn with the metro cіties culture ωhere theгe iѕ danger to lіfe.


    My ωеb sitе; www.artolution.org

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hоwever, taking puгe grеen coffee bean extгact іs nоt the same.
    Hοrmone replаcement thеrаpy
    is now οnly used in rare cаses Alli caused dіetегѕ severe purе grеen coffee bean extract liver injurieѕ.
    Тhinκ of how much we should use oг how we shоuld use it, so wаtch out.


    Feel fгеe to ѕurf to my hοmеpage:
    pure green coffee extract

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...