Sunday, August 21, 2011

Movie Review: Fast Five

Vin Diesel and Paul Walker lead a reunion of returning all-stars from every chapter of the explosive franchise built on speed in Fast Five. In this installment, former cop Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker) partners with ex-con Dom Toretto (Vin Diesel) on the opposite side of the law. Dwayne Johnson joins returning favorites Jordana Brewster, Ludacris, Tyrese Gibson, Sung Kang, Gal Gadot, Matt Schulze, Tego Calderon and Don Omar for this ultimate high-stakes race.

Since Brian and Mia Toretto (Jordana Brewster) broke Dom out of custody, they've blown across many borders to elude authorities. Now backed into a corner in Rio de Janeiro, they must pull one last job in order to gain their freedom. As they assemble their elite team of top racers, the unlikely allies know their only shot of getting out for good means confronting the corrupt businessman who wants them dead. But he's not the only one on their tail.


Hard-nosed federal agent Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) never misses his target. When he is assigned to track down Dom and Brian, he and his strike team launch an all-out assault to capture them. But as his men tear through Brazil, Hobbs learns he can't separate the good guys from the bad. Now, he must rely on his instincts to corner his prey... before someone else runs them down first.


REVIEW:
Let's make clear that after Fast & Furious 4 i was really disappointed. So when i learned about a 5th movie like "really? again? o.O". Then came the first trailer....and old characters were coming back...and Dwayne Johnson was in too. So i was more like "hmmm...i see what you did there".

Finally i got my hands on the movie, after hearing so many good things wow. What i can say? It was a LOT better of what i expected. I think it's probably my favorite one!

Okay so the acting is not that magnificent, but we already knew that from the rest movies. It's all about cars and action. And the 5th movie managed to make it more interesting by creating a "Ocean's 11" robbery and actually creating a decent storyline! Yes! Many people for different roles. Totally liked the idea! And they pulled it of nicely.
It doesn't have many hot girls in there like the 2nd or the 3rd movie, but personally i don't care since i am a girl. Instead it has Paul Walker who is as cute as ever...and Tyrese Gibson..and Sung Kang. So it's a win!

As for the special effects? Do i really have to say something? From the trailer you can see what's job where done with them. I can say the same for the music. And instead of rushing it, they gave it a good 2 hours.

Most people say that Fast & Furious movies are mostly for boys because of the cars,action and the half naked girls. I was one of them too. But i strongly believe this one change it. It was like they balanced it more, so they can hit a bigger audience.I still don't know how big the female audience is but they took good care of it and i liked it. Every bit of action, gunfight, joke is totally worth it.

A 6th movie is on the works.

6 comments:

  1. I have watched only the first one ><
    I have to catch up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really love these films!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still remember the first time my then guy BBF show me the second one....I was instantly in love with cars and that pink one in particular, even though pink is not one of my favorite colors....

    I'll see this one too someday....I like that you liked it....

    Question: Doesn't Han die in the third movie??

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nina: yes he does. But those movies (4-5) are supposed to be before he got to Tokyo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yiota: Thnx for explaning, my father and I were just wondering....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to disagree about the acting but only because I may be bias because I just love this series of movies SO much! I don't think I could ever hate one.
    A bit confusing they they are all on different orders from their release though.

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...