Monday, October 24, 2011

Movie Review : Crazy, Stupid, Love.

About: Cal Weaver (Steve Carell) gets the surprise of his life when he learns that his wife Emily (Julianne Moore) cheated on him with a coworker, David Lindhagen (Kevin Bacon), and wants a divorce. After moving into his own apartment, Cal begins frequenting a bar night after night, talking loudly about his divorce, until he attracts the attention of a young man named Jacob Palmer (Ryan Gosling). Jacob is a womanizer who successfully beds women each night, although a young woman named Hannah (Emma Stone) recently rejected his advances. Taking pity on Cal, Jacob agrees to teach him how to pick up women. Jacob takes Cal shopping, outfitting him with an entirely new wardrobe and begins teaching him the art of seduction. As they spend their evenings at the bar together, a friendship begins to blossom.

Review: Recently I saw this movie after my friends suggested it to me; but I also wanted to see it because of the cast. There were so many popular actors, Steve Carell as Cal Weaver, Ryan Gosling as Jacob Palmer, Julianne Moore as Emily Weaver and Emma Stone as Hannah Weaver. Some of them are actually my favorite. Ryan Gosling is the actor that impressed me the most, this was the first film of him that I saw and I really liked his style, his attitude and of course I liked him as a man!

To begin with, the story was not that unique but it had a very interesting twist before the end that I really did not see it coming. Generally it was movie that in certain points made me laugh out loud (when Jacob meets Cal at the Mall) and other times made me a little sad, it is a romantic comedy drama after all.

An other aspect that I liked was the realness of the characters. Jacob was a womanizer but in normal standards, also Cal's perspective of life and the relationship between him and his family was normal too. The movie of course had those moments that never happen in real life, like the speech Cal's son gave at his school but Cal's reaction even if it was too much it was real (when he started talking to the crowd he was cursing himself quietly at the same time!).

On the other hand there were some things that I did not like. Analeigh Tipton as Jessica Riley, the babysitter was not very good at her role, she was awkward and stupid (because she took naked pictures of herself). Also who hands their naked pictures to a 13 year old and tells him “To get through high school” it was sick..

Overall it was a great movie, I enjoyed it a lot and I totally recommend it to you.


4 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of Julianne Moore, but I expected more from her in this movie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The truth is that the actors are all well-known but this is not a film that they get to show much of their acting skills. The plot is very intriguing in the beggining and half the movie you think you know how it going to end but as Athanasia said there is a good twist in the end. As for the naked pictures that the nanny gave to a 13-year-old are nothing in comparison to what kids this age can access on the internet nowadays and it didn't bother me at all considering that the boy was "in love" with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved this movie... And my favorite scene is the one with "Seriously... It's like you're photoshoped!". The movie was something to get my mind off of my problems and it works like a charm.. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I loved the movie, I couldn’t help but get annoyed every time the boy came around. Other than that, this movie was fantastic! It was nice to see the story play out differently when compared to other romcom movies. I loved most of the actors in Crazy, Stupid, Love! I am definitely going to give this movie a second watch. I will be using my Blockbuster Movie Pass to rent this. What is fantastic about the Blockbuster Movie Pass is it gives customers a huge selection of movies, TV shows and games by mail, and they can stream thousands to their TV or PC! Since DISH Network (my employer) is also offering the Blockbuster Movie Pass, there are 20 channels that you get in addition to all the movies! Blockbuster also has many stores that you can go to and exchange the DVD’s at. That is a lot for $10.

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...