Friday, October 21, 2011

The Three Musketeers, Movie Review

A hot-headed young D'Artagnan along with three former legendary but now down with their luck Musketeers must unite and defeat a beautiful double agent and her villainous employer from seizing the French throne and engulfing Europe in war.

REVIEW:
I haven't been on the cinema for about four months, which is a long time for me. So when a friend of mine asked me out to warch this particular one, I couldn't refuse.

Reasons to watch the movie: Taking it from the beggining, I'll admit it pulled me in from the start. You could say it will be spectacular. I liked the places, outdoors and indoors (but that's my interior designing instinct talking) and they did a great job with the effects. The fighting scenes were good, but I'm not an expert to judge badly and the acting was nice too. The costumes were amazing, but I don't know how much they were following the fashion of that period. I'll admit that I didn't know all the actors playing the Musketeers, but for this particular modern aspect of the novel all the actors were great. Plus, there are some technological achievements that I'm kinda sure weren't created that period, but they gave the movie a fresh aspect.

Reasons to not watch the movie: Well, here I only have one reason. If you are fun of the classic novel and you believe that taking something old and transform it a bit to create something new and modern, is bad, then you'll have a problem. I haven't read the book, but I've seen other, older and more classic version of it and I'm sure I know couple of the differences. For instance, the language is not that classic and sometimes you could hear modern phrases in the movie, but I can't be sure about the costumes or the places or any other detail that might be changed for that purpose. Also, you may find the whole style a little weird, but that's not a big problem. As I said, they were trying to create a new and fresh aspect of the book.

Bottom line, I recommend you the movie for the reasons above. I'm not sure that you'll like it or love as I did, but it was fun to watch and worth every penny I gave for the ticket. I didn't see it in 3D, but I loved it and I had a great night with my friends.

6 comments:

  1. since i was little i liked The Three Musketeers but in the same time i am really bored to watch a movie with that story.. i have strong feelings against some of the actors and that makes me don't wanna watch the movie, maybe i'll see it in dvd..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it looked like it was changed A LOT from the original. Mostly I just want it to be a fun movie, and it sounds like that's what it is. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched it too! I loved it! It was so enjoyable! It had amazing fighting scenes and i liked the actors! Milla Jovovich annoyed me a little..but oh well! It was actually really good and i want to watch it again. It was about time for a good adventure.

    As for the book, indeed they made it more steampunky with the airships and stuff but they did follow the core story and the most important parts more or less ^^

    @Athanasia: which actors?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep this movie rocks, it made the epic buttkicking musketeers of the original story even more badass, especially Aramis that I think is a relative to Ezio Auditore for some reason...

    The king was sooooo funny and his attitude was really nice towards the musketeers and even though he seems naive and a bit stupid I could spot a secret evil plan towards the demise of a certain high ranking church guy XD

    Also I liked the airships and the weapons they used, Davinci rules everytime ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @athanasia: don't worry then, she is evil in this movie so hating her is good ;)

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...