Monday, October 18, 2010

A Kiss In Time Review

Talia fell under a spell . . . . Jack broke the curse.
I was told to beware the accursed spindle, but it was so enchanting, so hypnotic. . . .
I was looking for a little adventure the day I ditched my tour group. But finding a comatose town, with a hot-looking chick asleep in it, was so not what I had in mind.
I awakened in the same place but in another time—to a stranger's soft kiss.
I couldn't help kissing her. Sometimes you just have to kiss someone. I didn't know this would happen.
Now I am in dire trouble because my father, the king, says I have brought ruin upon our country. I have no choice but to run away with this commoner!
Now I'm stuck with a bratty princess and a trunk full of her jewels. . . . The good news: My parents will freak!
Think you have dating issues? Try locking lips with a snoozing stunner who turns out to be 316 years old. Can a kiss transcend all—even time? 


REVIEW(5/5):
To let you know something more about the plot we basically follow the story of Sleeping Beauty when she wakes up. Talia happened to be the Sleeping Beauty 300 years ago, and at the start of the book we see a little of how she found the spindle. Then, we are coming in our time and see how Jack found her and kissed her. That's only the first part of the book. The story continues with Talia following Jack cause she thinks he is her destiny and try to make him fall in love with her while Jack feels kinda responsible for her and of course to bring a girl home will freak out his parents(something which find really important). As the story goes on with those two, the evil witch appears again and believes the curse broke my mistake and tries to get Talia back.


I will admit i was a little afraid with a story who changes a classic fairytale but it was ok. Actually it was amazing! One of the best books i have read. Alex Flinn doesn't change the story of Sleeping Beauty, she just put the prince in our time. The writing is fast and simple (not in a bad way). I didn't get bored in not even one part of the book. It was interesting from the very first page and kept me entertained.

As for our main characters. Talia at first is really annoying. Well, she was a princess who had everything in her life and to have her live in our world where we don't have servants it's a big change. But as the story goes, you get to know her better. She is a really sweet,kind,clever,naive..she is indeed a fairytale princess. Her character is simple.
Jack is a normal guy. And when i say normal i mean it. Not bad or good like other love stories. Normal. I could see my best friends in him so it was easy for me to like him. He cares about what he did but at the same time he was thinking about himself as well. He didn't fall in love with her immediately or cause of magic. He fall in love when he starts to know her better. And that's what i liked a lot about him. The beauty wasn't the most important thing. He gives her a chance for something more.


But what i find most important and i like more at the book is the whole set up of the story and writing! It's a mix of our world and the fairytale world. While Talia learn some new expressions like "it sucks", she still talking in the old princess way and stays herself. And Jack doesn't try to change her. Also the book is amazingly funny. Since Talia was sleeping for 300 years she has missed the whole technology evolution! Her reactions are so authentic when she meets something new. Plus positive for me, it's written in first person by Talia and Jack. So you get to find out how they feel about same situations and what they think of each other.


I say, you definetelly have to read the book! ;)

10 comments:

  1. great review ! I love Alex Flinn's other books, I guess I'll have to check this out ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely review Yiota, it sounds like a really good book and I love the cover and title too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you really should try it. It's great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! It sounds like a really good spin (no pun intended) on the Sleeping Beauty story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome review! I really want to read this book. It sounds soooo great :) Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It always amuses me how little people know of the original version of the Sleeping Beauty mythos. ^_^

    No, I won't tell you. Look it up. ~_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a great read and her other book, Beastly was great 2! Cant wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good to know this is on my list of books to read so is Beastly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your review - normally I wouldn't have looked at this book, but I am interested now.

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...