Monday, January 31, 2011

Series We Loved: Goosebumps

Goosebumps is a series of children's horror fiction novels written by American author R. L. Stine and first published by Scholastic Publishing.[1][2] It is a collection of stories that feature semi-homogenous plot structures, with fictional kids being involved in scary situations. Themes in the series include horror, humor and the supernatural.
The Goosebumps series falls under the children's fiction, horror and thriller genre, although R. L. Stine characterizes the series as "scary books that are also funny."[5] Goosebumps books feature different characters[6] and settings in each book.[7] The central characters in each book are white, middle class Americans. Protagonists can be either male or female.[8]
The primary protagonists of a Goosebumps story are often situated in a remote location or somehow isolated from typical societal conventions. This can range anywhere from comfortable suburban areas to boarding schools, foreign villages or campsites.[9] Books typically feature characters who either recently moved to a new neighborhood or are sent to stay with relatives.[8]

Why we miss it?
Well, Goosebumps was something like a guilty pleasure when i was like 8. I didn't like it and i was afraid of it, but never missed an episode either. This thing make me have some really good nightmares back then. Probably if i watch it now, i will laugh but then it was really scary. I was really glad that was airing in the late afternoon and not at night. As for the books, i never tried to read them. The tv series was enough for me XD

5 comments:

  1. Whoa that video just threw me back a couple of years into my childhood. Oh how I miss it. Things today aren't as they were before. =(

    I never read any books, at least not that I could remember but I used to watch the show all the time and loved how scared I would be. -sigh- oh the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always liked Are You Afraid of the Dark more but Goosebumps was pretty good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goosebumps used to scare me to death when I was a kid. Recently I watched some repeat episodes with my younger cousins and almost fell off my seat laughing :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg how did you remember that ?!

    when i watched the trailer i couldn't belive it, the dog looks so funny with his fake yellow eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Aylee. I remember Are you afraid of the dark. I watched both that and goosebumps. :-)

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...