Thursday, February 3, 2011

Black Swan : Review


About: A New York City ballet company is preparing for the production of Swan Lake, choosing to cast a new lead to replace current star Beth MacIntyre as the Swan Queen. However, the lead must maintain an adequate portrayal of both the White and Black Swans. Nina Sayers, a dancer, is picked to compete for the part alongside several other young dancers, including newcomer Lily. Nina lives with her caring but overbearing mother Erica, a failed dancer turned amateur artist who tries to control much of Nina's life. read more

Review: Since i saw the trailer i wanted to watch this movie. It has dance, so that only was enough for me, but then all the nominations, all the talk, i was even more exited to see it, But i guess when you have so high expectations from a movie you get a little disappointed.

To begin with, Natalie Portman was excellent in her role. I totally liked her performance, she was real, she was passionate, she created a very well structured character. But I don't know if it was me, or did the film have very few dialogues? I really liked, more that N.P. Mila Kunis as Lily, she was the perfect choice, she has that “dark side” that totally worked for this film.

Well I didn't like very much the direction of the film, but I enjoyed very very much the part with the dance. I love ballerinas and I love the Swan Lake, so this film is perfect for everyone that likes dance.

The story, was interesting. Nina struggles with paranoia, she thinks she is turning into a swan actually. From the trailer I thought that Lily wanted to kill her, but after watching the film I realized that wasn't the case. In my opinion it would have been better if she were... Nina's mother is crazy. She creeped me out!

To sum up I totally recommend Black Swan. Don't miss this one.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not watching this...can't get why all this fuss about it XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you Athanasia. What an excellent psychological thriller! Natalie Portman was so flawless - her transition from white to black swan was scary and beautiful. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to watch this one....Can't wait after your review....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see this movie. I'm going tomorrow night with a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to see this because of the dancing and the music. I just really love ballet and Tchaikovsky. Then I started hearing more about the plot and now I'm not sure if I'll like it. I think I'll be waiting until DVD and then I'll give it a shot. Thanks for your review! I see what you're saying about Mila Kunis having a dark side that works well in her role.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i also love the make up and the clothes in this film..

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...