Monday, February 21, 2011

Mean Girls 2 & Taken, Reviews

“I don’t know you who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you’re looking for a ransom, I can tell you, I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills acquired over a very long career in the shadows, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you. And I will kill you.”

With these chilling words to a member of a band of kidnappers, former government operative Bryan Mills begins the longest 96-hours of his life – and the hunt for the fearsome organization that has taken his daughter Kim.


REVIEW:
I will admit i saw the movie cause of Liam Neeson. I kinda love this guy!

I think it was a really good mystery-action movie. With no actions that would think "you can't do that" (ex. Die Hard).  Liam Neeson, is just wow at his role. He is badass but not a jerk or anyone out of their minds. He would do everything for his daughter, no matter how far he should go. And while the story is not exceptional, he makes the movie to deserve a watch. Other actors weren't much in it, except his ex and his daughter who they actually have small parts.
An enjoyable watch to spent your night.


Johanna "Jo" Mitchell is a 17-year-old tomboy, who lives with her father, who works as a race car driver for NASCAR...

REVIEW:
Overall the movie is poor quality. Certainly don't expect the awesomeness of the first movie.

It had some funny parts and some better parts than the first like: Jo is acting to the whole "plastics" situation better and is far more clever than Lohan was, she cares about her friends more, and as a character has much more depth. Also, she is not getting into the clique and start planning how destroy the plastics. She has some really good reasons to do so. The headmaster is epic again! Love the guy!
What i didn't like? The acting was pretty much terrible. Especially the plastics. I don't know who picked them or dressed them but it was really bad. They made the film annoying. And in this one, they are so mean that i missed the old plastics.

12 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, I already thought that "Mean Girls 2" would be less funny or great than the first one but that's usually the case :) Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good god i am so watching Taken! Liam Nelson is a god (not to mention Qui Gon Jin) and the trailer is pretty damn epic

    ReplyDelete
  3. i friggin' love 'taken'...one of my students said she watched it with her father and he told her that she needed to be cautious and pay attention because he didn't have the power to kill people and find her...thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Stephanie: Yeah, i see the point of why her dad told that. I actually understand my dad just a little more after this movie. It freaked me out a little.

    @Johnny: I believe your sis have already watch this one and loved it. Lol...you should check more what movies, she is watching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm totaly watching "Taken" !

    as for the "Mean Girls" i belive that when they change the actors it's never good...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @yiota dude my sister watches movies to cry........i SERIOUSLY doubt that 8-10 movies she sees is my type

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved "Taken" and the dad is awesome! I want to see Liam Neeson's new movie "Unknown!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. @T.B: me too! looks really cool!

    @Johnny: hahaha..yeah but she has some of ur style too XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen Taken long time ago....Really good....I could easily understand my father like you, but he's not the worrying type....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Taken! Lian Neeson was so great. His character was really someone I could root for.

    Mean Girls 2 does look like it's pretty poorly acted, but I guess I wasn't expecting anything too great. I still want to see it though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have a lot to say about "Taken".. Firstly Liam Neeson was actually great, this role was perfect for him, but i think there were a lot "you can't do that", one man killed like 50 others it was too far but that's it how this movie is..it didn't bother me.

    Don't you think that his daughter was like an idiot? The was she was running, omg. She was behaving like she was 5 and nothing happend to her?? all the others were practically dead except her...

    At the end nobady yelled at her, it was her fault because she wasn't carefull...

    anyway i know i went to far it's just a movie, but it bothers me when unatural things happen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mean Girls 2:

    First of all the new plastics were so poorely dressed and they weren't that hot, the old ones were much better.

    the girl this time was cooler and she handeled the situation much better but she wasn't that pretty ans at the whole movie i couldn't stop thinking her teeth, they were so ugly...

    the headmaster was epic, he was the best by far XD

    generally it had nothing to do with the first one, it wasn't that good, but it was a fun watch after all...

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...