Monday, February 28, 2011

my sister's keeper : review

About: Based on the novel "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. Anna is not sick, but she might as well be. By age thirteen, she has undergone countless surgeries, transfusions, and shots so that her older sister, Kate, can somehow fight the leukemia that has plagued her since childhood. The product of preimplantation genetic diagnosis, Anna was conceived as a bone marrow match for Kate - a life and a role that she has never challenged...until now.

Like most teenagers, Anna is beginning to question who she truly is. But unlike most teenagers, she has always been defined in terms of her sister and so Anna makes a decision that for most would be unthinkable, a decision that will tear her family apart and have perhaps fatal consequences for the sister she loves.

Review: My Sister's Keeper is a movie that I saw and I regret it, not because it is not a great film but because it is very sad. It is about a family with one sick child and the decision they make to have an other baby only to save the life of their sick daughter. There are many issues here, about if it is ethical or not to do such a thing, also about the control over a child's body, when is it too far? I really liked the performances of all the actors, but mostly Kate's and Anna's Fitzgerald, they were touching. A surprise for me was Cameron Diaz, we are not used in roles like that for her, so in this film she reveals one other side of hers successfully. To sum up I recommend this film because of the great performances, the great cast, the great production, but if you are too sensitive better do not watch it because it is very sad.

2 comments:

  1. I told ya not to watch it.
    I know i will not. I can't stand things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book and the movie both nearly broke my heat! So heartbreaking . Cameron Diaz surprised me too.

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...