Saturday, March 26, 2011

Burlesque : Review


About: Ali Rose (Christina Aguilera) is a young, hard-done-by girl who works in a bar in a small town in Iowa. Her boss hasn't paid her for two months and she has finally had enough. She takes what he owes her from the till and decides to leave for Los Angeles to pursue her dream of singing. After a fruitless day of searching for jobs in her new home, she winds up at a burlesque bar and becomes enthralled with the whole concept. She tries to persuade Tess (Cher) to let her go on stage but Tess won't hear her out. Ali meets the friendly bartender Jack (Cam Gigandet) and starts to waitress for him because she knows this is where she belongs. read more

***yiota was going to do this one, but she let me do it instead**

Review:
I heard about Burlesque from yiota and I had some doughs about it, but finally I decided to give it a try. Firstly Christina Aguilera amazed me, she was so natural, so passionate at her role, I really didn't see that coming and she made such a great combination with Cher! Who apparently was amazing too. The story is about a girl that decides to leave her small town and move to L.A. to have a better life, at the beginning of the movie Ali says to her friend that she is leaving because there is no one's life she would like to have in this town.. When she finally gets to L.A. There are some cliche's like: she is moving to a dirty hotel, her room get's mugged, she starts to write a post cart but she regrets it and then of course she meets a guy! This film and especially the beginning reminded me a lot of the film “Coyote Ugly” (actually one of my favorite!!). The story is very nice and sweet, with a happy ending and of course a twist before the end. The music is great, the songs are really nice and Christina Aguilera and Cher sing so beautiful! I loved all the dance routines, the girls are gorgeous and amazing dancers. Last but not least I loved Kristen Bell's performance, she was so good in her role, it was a different side of her, usually she portraits the good girl, so it was a nice change. Finally Stanley Tucci was as always great, I really like that guy! To sum up do not miss Burlesque, it will leave you with such a warm feeling. For me it is a 8.5/10.

4 comments:

  1. I want to see this one mostly because of Kriste Bell....
    Coyote Ugly is one of my favourites too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still want to see this one, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched this last night - I definitely enjoyed it. Not as good as Moulin Rouge, but definitely better than Nine. It did give me the Coyote Ugly feel at moments, too - and Christina Aguilera really got to show off that incredible voice, which I think gets lost in the types of songs she tends to sing - it's one of the most versatile, powerful, perfect voices I've ever heard.. loved to see her let it all out. And Cher's moment was great, too - can't believe she can still sing like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for doing the review Athanasia!

    It was a really good movie, indeed. I thought it would be boring or with really bad acting but it was nice at the end.

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...