Friday, March 18, 2011

The Karate Kid (2010) : Review

About: In Columbia Pictures' The Karate Kid, 12-year-old Dre Parker (Jaden Smith) could've been the most popular kid in Detroit, but his mother's (Taraji P. Henson) latest career move has landed him in China. Dre immediately falls for his classmate Mei Ying - and the feeling is mutual - but cultural differences make such a friendship impossible. Even worse, Dre's feelings make an enemy of the class bully, Cheng. In the land of kung fu, Dre knows only a little karate, and Cheng puts the karate kid on the floor with ease. With no friends in a strange land, Dre has nowhere to turn but maintenance man Mr. Han (Jackie Chan), who is secretly a master of kung fu. As Han teaches Dre that kung fu is not about punches and parries, but maturity and calm, Dre realizes that facing down the bullies will be the fight of his life.

Review: In “how i met your mother” Ted says in one episode “if you want to describe it, to someone who haven't watched karate kid, you shouldn't say it's the best movie of all times, but say it's ok so lower their expectations and when they see it be like omg”. I am not sure this phrase was about “The Karate Kid” with Jaden Smith but I totally agree with the part the best movie of all times. To begin with, I have to admit that I haven't watched the other movies, this is my first so I can not compare it with the old ones.

Firstly I have to inform you that I loved it, there is nothing that I didn't like. Jaden Smith was so good in his role, such a talented young actor (just like his father Will Smith), he was funny, he was sweet, he played his role with such passion. Jackie Chan was good too, I really liked the scene when he brakes his car, it's very strong. Last but not least I really liked Taraji P. Henson, Dre's mother, she is a very good actress and one of my favorite, also Zhenwei Wang as Cheng, the bully, was so scary!

The Karate Kid is a movie that you can not dislike, the story is perfect, it is about passion, about courage, about the way you see life, about kung fu which is in everything we do as Jackie Chan says in the movie. To sum up you should watch this movie, for the story, for the performances, for the action, for everything.


5 comments:

  1. I just watched it this weekend with my kids (via Netflix streaming), I have to say that it certainly didn't suck.

    Some nice homages to the original as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have watched all Karate Kids hundreds times.
    This one wasn't like the old ones (well..Mr.Migiagi can't be replaced) but it wasn't bad as i was expected. I really liked it actually.

    Jackie Chan is different and Jaden Smith was much better in his acting and re-actions, towards the new things he learned, than the old kid.

    I believe it deserves a watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaden Smith is a great actor! I wasn't expecting him to be. The kid surprised me! I agree that the movie was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well for starters its not the best movie of all times. I think that title is for the first. I mean, hey, Migiagi! However I was surprised as well, Jaden Smith was better in his acting than the original kid, and Jackie Chan was good too! Its a must watch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karate Kid was one of my favorite movies as a kid; it was like Rocky for the adolescent. The new one was a great re-boot for the next generation, (or 2 generations later since I’m old) and it speaks to the authentic roots of the tradition of karate. Since the original was set in America I can relate to it much better since I was closer to the age of Daniel but it is also nostalgic for me since I was a kid then. I hope kids today have the same connection with the new one as I do with the old. Even though I work for DISH Network I didn’t realize they have something called a Sling adapter until I was looking for some comparisons of providers because I thought my fees were getting a little high. That’s when I stumbled onto besttvforme.com which showed me the Sling could solve my problem of my wife being upset I spend more time watching TV than with her and the kids at home. Now I have the Sling adapter and a happy wife.

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...