Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Tourist, Review

Johnny Depp stars as an American tourist whose playful dalliance with a stranger leads to a web of intrigue, romance and danger in The Tourist. During an impromptu trip to Europe to mend a broken heart, Frank (Depp) unexpectedly finds himself in a flirtatious encounter with Elise (Angelina Jolie), an extraordinary woman who deliberately crosses his path. Against the breathtaking backdrop of Paris and Venice, their whirlwind romance quickly evolves as they find themselves unwittingly thrust into a deadly game of cat and mouse.

REVIEW:
There are two kinds of fail movies: 1.Fail movies that still are fail 2.Fail movies than turn out to be awesome and win. The Tourist is #1.

What a bad movie that was. A storyline, that would gone good if it wasn't so boring...One of the worst action-adventures i have seen. I mean when you watch action movies, you are not like "zzzzZZZzzzZZZ..oh my god..the movie still plays". I had to forward it a little.It was predictable and it just wasn't interesting. They didn't set it up right,though  it had a clever backstory.
Angelina was at her worst. Everytime she talked, she talked so slowly that i was feeling i will fall asleep.I can't even remember her talking.She was so cold and i pretty much hated her. After the movie ended, i watched Tomb Raider just to remind myself, the girl can do something good.
Johnny Depp and Paul Bettany were the only good thing about it. Their acting was great, too bad there wasn't any real interest in the characters.

My opinion. Stay away. I can't see any reason to watch it.


5 comments:

  1. Good to know I actually love reading review of movies so I know how to spend my money wisely. Or my netflix selection LOL. Thanks for the heads up this one just got marked off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie broke my heart! I always have gigantic expectations from Johnny Depp; but The Tourist was just terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This movie totally looks like a fail and that is all I have heard about it. I don't get what the big fuss over Jolie is. I hated Mr & Mrs Smith Wanted was torture Salt was even worse if that's even possible. Totally thought she was all kinds of hot then she got pregnant and turned into an alien. Hollywood has me very depressed lately with their turning their backs on genius like Inception at the Oscars for example.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The Tourist" is one of the worst movie ever, it a shame because it could have turned out differently..

    Jessica: i totaly agree with you (exept the alien part, i think she is very pretty and i liked Mr & Mrs Smith), Angelina is not that good as an actress, she is very cold and in this film she was at her worst..

    But do not forget J. Depp too, he wasn't that good either..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen the movie, but I believe the Jolie found out how good she is in acton movies and stuck to that....After Tomb Raider I don't know if she played in other movies than action ones....I'm not saying she's a bad actress because I really like the way she's kicking buds....

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...