Friday, April 29, 2011

From Prada To Nada : Movie Review

About: Two sisters, one a young beauty who chooses passion over logic, the other a law student whose fixed moral compass keeps her from following her desires, are uprooted from their luxurious home when their father suddenly passes away. Out of money and out of options, the women move into their Great Aunt Aurelia's modest, but lively home in the Latino-centric Boyle Heights neighborhood where they find themselves thrown into a world that, despite their heritage, seems completely foreign. Over time, they discover the beauty of the culture they once fought so desperately to hide. And in the process they find the one thing that had eluded them: love.

Review:The reason I watched “From Prada To Nada” is once again yiota. It was not her recommendation, just an entry in her upcoming reviews. An other reason was it's title, once I read the word “PRADA” I had to watch it, I love fashion and the last movie with “Prada” in the title was amazing.

To begin with it is a really weird movie. It follows the huge change in two sisters lives when their father dies and they lose everything. Now they have to deal not only with their fathers death, but also they have to learn to live in a whole different way.

Firstly there are some parts of the movie that I really liked. Nora the more down-to-earth sister was amazing and so beautiful, she was real and I enjoyed a lot her performance. The movie had many funny parts and the clothes were really good too. This type of movies always end the same way so I enjoyed a happy ending, though predictable.

On the other hand there were a lot of things that I did not like. The first and most important was the story, it was too unrealistic. **SPOILER Nora meets someone, falls in love then break up, then make up and then GET MARRIED?? it was really fake, she was really young, she had only kissed him once, though she married him and the craziest part is that he bought her a house before she said yes..SPOILER** There are many examples like when Nora finds really easily a job. Also it has many cliches like the rich girl falls in love with the pour guy that she ignores at first, the evil sister in law, the break-up before the marriage...

To sum up it was not a very good movie but it was funny and easy to watch, I recommend it for an evening of fun. Do not have your hopes up, it is just ok.

From Prada To Nada Movie Trailer Official

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm, sounds like an interesting and fun movie to watch, thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was like a copy of Material Girls in a way. But Material Girls was more fun and with better clothes :P Duff sisters rocks!

    Also need to add that's one of the worst movies of Alexa Vega.From her appearance to acting she wasn't good. As Athanasia, i liked Nora much more.

    Nothing special but good for an evening.

    (And thanks again for doing one of my reviews XD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yiota:i agree about the Material Girls part it was very similar. i really didn't like Alexa Vega in this movie, i don't remeber her from other movies but in this one her performance was cold..

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was nothing like Spy Kids or Sleepover. And she definetelly far away from Odd Girl Out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife’s favorite scene is at the end when Mary is walking into the house of Bruno and he is teaching the kids about art. She totally melted when she saw how good he was with the kids. I really liked the part when Alexa finds out that her beau Rodrigo Fuentes is married. He certainly came off as scummy there when he tried to smooth things over but buying the house was the clincher. I (and everyone else) has the opportunity to watch a lot of movies right now (and I do) because I got a 3 month free Blockbuster membership with my new DISH Network employee account. Honestly I should slow down because I’m not getting anything else done these days, like mowing the grass. Pretty soon my toddler won’t be able to be seen in it any more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I know this is kinda off topic however I'd figured I'd
    ask. Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa?
    My website addresses a lot of the same topics as yours and I feel
    we could greatly benefit from each other. If you happen to be interested feel free to shoot
    me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!
    Fantastic blog by the way!

    my page: monster beats

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...